Thursday, June 18, 2020

Yippeeee...New Well and Blooming Peonies

What a great couple of days,, The Drillers came yesterday and started drilling for our new well... and
Wahoo! we have a fabulous source of clean, ice cold water and a good 10-12 gpm...
Here, they are getting ready to set up and drill... they finished up today....now for phase 2, the hook up of the lines and pump and then we will be all ready to enjoy our new water source.
 
 On the internet I spotted an idea for an apron made from a man's shirt... so I bought this shirt from the Thrift store for  .99cents, washed and dried it.  Ironed and cut the shirt apart...I used the back of the shirt for the apron front and I used the front of the shirt for the straps. I even cut the pocket off and re-attached it to the apron,
   what do you think?.. I used my Serger machine to sew the apron, and I found just enough of black lace for the front neckline. 
 I criss-crossed the straps and sewed on snaps in stead of sewing on button and button holes.
I even wore it, while making French Toast for dinner..  it is simple, utilitarian, and best of all,,, it only cost  .99cents! 
 Don't mind my kitty,, she thinks she should always be in the photos...
 
 I am so happy, my double blooming Peonies are in bloom... and the pale pink peonies should bloom any day now. I have lavender around my Peonies... the Bees are in Heaven!
 
 I have always been fascinated with Whiskey Decanters.. even with mismatched or lost stoppers...
 I took this horse from an old Trophy, painted it red and added cork to the base as a stopper.. and with a bit of beaded lace, a broken piece of an old earring and a red rhinestone, I blinged up the front.
 I also like to decorate my decanters with old jewelry and 'what-nots'......
These can also make a nice gift... fill the decanter with scented bath salt, add a bit of jewelry and Voila'  nice gift for a dear friend. 
 
And now, we are looking forward to a wonderful (finally) warm and sunny weekend.. Hope your weekend will be lovely too. 

2 comments:

  1. The peonies are blooming here at the lake too. It seems late this year but I don't know for sure.
    I LOVE, Love, LOVE that apron. I sure wish I was as talented at sewing as you are.
    Take care my friend and enjoy the weekend. We sure will. After enduring all of the rain, I think we all have earned it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the back on your aprons. Wish I could have the time to sew myself one like that. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....