Monday, October 5, 2020

A day of simple sewing...

Well this weekend was a very relaxing and enjoyable sewing weekend... I made another stash of face masks which have been mailed out to their new homes... I also made some reusable,,, reversable bowl covers. perfect for covering rising bread dough or to keep pesky-nosey pets from trying to help themselves to what ever snack is in the bowl., And last, I redesigned my machine embroidery stitched ornament.. I made the new one by stitching it onto a wool felt backing.. which I like much better. I was thinking, what a cute gift the bowl topper would make for a friend who likes to bake.. Hand made bowl cover, bowl, wooden spoon and a package of bread, scone or cookie mix,,, assemble and attach a cute note or recipe card to the recipient. I still can't figure out the new blogger system,, but for now, I will muddle through so please bare with me... so I wi;; post the pics below.

4 comments:

  1. You are a talented seamstress. Those bowl toppers will make great gifts. How seet.
    BLessings,
    Betsu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had left a comment but I guess I didn't. I really like the sewing you finished. Those bowl covers would be wonderfully handy and snowmen are my favorite witer decoration.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ornament and bowl covers. I have yet to get my sewing machine out. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Grace,
    eine gute Idee, das werde ich auch probieren, denn Abdeckungen braucht man immer. Und Masken leider auch ;-(
    Deine Schneemänner sehen toll aus, da hast du für den Winter eine schöne neue Dekoration.
    Liebe Grüße und ein schönes Wochenende, Jutta

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....