Friday, March 1, 2013

Another Day on the Ranchette...

Well lookie lookie... I finished up #6 of my 7 stitchery(s).... just one left to go...
 I will applique all "7 days of the week" onto a quilt top... now to shop for the perfect quilt backing fabric...
 I spotted this in the Thrift,,, and could not resist... it is called "Chicken ala Bling" (hand written & signed by the artist) by Maria Ryan, who is a contemporary wildlife artist.
It's hard to see in this photo, but the crown and stripe with jewels have glitter on them.. and it is also signed on the back by the artist....
This print has the original wrap and appears to not have been removed from the wrapping since it was put in. I just love the silliness of this and the play on words... Perfect for this ol' Hen!  lol! 
Then I scored this awesome jacket,,,, it is by KOMITOR...  it has the look and feel of a wool blanket... it said to dry clean only,,, but,,, typical me,,, I ignore the rules! lol! and so I put it into the wash machine on delicate,,, and I did a vinegar rinse.... well,,, it came out wonderful!  I am letting it hang dry,,, then once it is totally dry I will toss it into the dryer for 5-8min to fluff it up... I can hardly wait to wear it!
I also have some other fun stuff,,, but you'll have to go to my trailer blog to see and read about them...
tata-4-now!

1 comment:

  1. Love the embroidery!! You are the queen of thrifting, Gracie!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....