Wednesday, August 14, 2013

You can't Go Back...

 The saying,,, 'you can't go back except in your memories'... is soooo true!
My dear Uncle is 2nd generation Raisin Rancher and now my 2nd cousin is 4th generation... I always loved walking and playing in the vineyards as a child and teenager....
 In 1963 daddy was sent to Korea so mom, baby Suszann and I lived with my American Grandmother on my Uncle's ranch... I was in 3rd grade and attended Barstow Elementary school which was condemned 30 years ago... it's kind of sad to see it falling down in such disrepair... this is the better view, I didn't have the heart to post a photo of the other side. 
I spent many a recess playing "Lois Lane to Stevie Axe's Superman...  lol!  
 Even sadder is the little old house we lived in... we called it "the Coop"...
As you can see, it too is falling down... It use to be quit cute.... it was a long barn with a farm implement barn on one side and a horse stall on the other side... yes, my Uncle use to tend his vineyards by horse back in the '50's & 60's...
 This was the living room... so sad...
 The left side of the barn was cut off leaving the door to the attic exposed...
Looking into the kitchen from the living room..... I remember watching "The Wiszard of OZ" for the first time... in here....
There is a part of me that want's to weep.... but life goes on and we are so blessed to create new memories...  as we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you....