Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Worked on some Hexagons...

Hexagons or as some people call it, 'English Paper Piecing' has been around for a long time and is a great way to use up small scraps of fabric.

I finished up some Hexagons projects...
 This design is called Grandmothers Garden...
 go figure, now that it's all finished, I kind of feel it's a bit busy.....
 Then using smaller hexagons, I made a little Needle Keeper...
 this is a simple little project...
but... if you are a bit of an antsey pantsey scatter brain attention deficit kind of  person like me.... this may not be the project for you... it is a great project for a very patient person... but a tad bit to slow for me... 

2 comments:

  1. Your hexagons are VERY cute! But, like you, I'm not sure I have the patience for them. I love trying to figure out how to use up fabric scraps. I'm working on a quilt, and took the scraps and made an oh-so-cute pillow from it ;) Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love EPP and hexies. I'm actually starting to crochet hexies now for a blanket. I don't think it's too busy....I love both of your projects! I used to do the hexies while watching t.v.....at one time I was practically addicted to them!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....