Sunday, February 17, 2013

Local Thrift Score!

Hubby and I noticed a new Thrift store in the little town by us... so needless to say we had to check it out... Oh and we had 8 bags of donatables that we dropped off too!
 First off I found this ever so sweet little "YoYo Doll"... I remember "Zippy the Clown' that was, like this one,  but with a  clown face..... This one needs to be re-strung... an easy peasy fix.
 Thin I found this little mid-century 'leaf' candy dish... it's actually kind of a muted pink in color.
 Then I found this super neat lamp shade...which seems to be Dolly~girls new hiding place...
 this is a closer look at the shade... I think I'll trim it from the frame and re-purpose the shade...
 Gary spotted this set of mid-century modern Noritake china....which was produced between mid 1950's to mid 1960's.  We So love these. The little pointed oval dishes could be for dipping sauce or as butter pat holders... but according to ebay... they are ash trays...
 Don't you just love the design? We do!
 Then we found these little aluminum 'coasters' , how cool! they will go in our vintage trailer, the  'Tin Cup'.
Gary, bless his heart...lol!... found this DVD and said "You need this!...  And yes, when we got home, he plugged it in and we watched it...
So,,, what did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. You are the queen of thrifting, Gracie!! That little yoyo clown reminds me of my grandmother. She used to have one on the guest bed in her home.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....