Saturday, June 9, 2018

Wowzers! I haven't posted since Feburary

Ok,,, so much has happened since the New Year started..
After mom's stroke in January,, she was moved from the Hospital to a rehabilitation center... I have been flying back and forth from Washington to California monthly...I am taking June off and not going to fly back until July...
So, fast forward... mid-March I flew back again and the took mom from the rehabilitation in Palm Springs and drove her back to Newbury Park to stay with my sister for an unknown amount of time.
Mom has actually improved since she has been out of the rehab facility and living with my sister. Mom now goes to a 'Drop-in' type adult care facility.
We video conference twice a week.. so I can see mom and chat with her.
Her speech is still very minimal... but she is starting to be able to say mine and my sister's name.. what an awesome feeling it is to hear her say our names.
I hope to have more good news to report about mom's health improvement the next time I post here.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you....