Thursday, December 6, 2018

Winter Express...

I spent the better part of Wednesday writing out our Christmas cards,,,,, so today was go and play day!
We stopped in at 'World Market' store,,, and picked up a few goodies,,, I spotted these little carved wooden Woodland decorations,, ($39.00) and was thrilled to see them because I have one on my kitchen window ledge...
I had to switch out the lights as the one I have came from Germany, it is a sweet gift from my childhood best friend in Meimsheim.
The electrical plug/lights is set up for Euro power.. now it has an American plug.
 
We also we drove further into town and stopped off at the only and best German Deli in all of Spokane and stocked up on my favorite cookies. as well as European style lunch meats and cheese.
Oh Yum! I got my favorite Lebkuchen cookies, Marzipan, Topkuss, Wine/brandy beans and Pear Brandy chocolates...and lots of other goodies... I felt like I was back in Germany, with family and friends back in Flein, Leingarten, Heilbronn and Meimsheim...Germany... oh I miss being there but having German goodies makes me happy.
 oh sigh,,, I miss being in Germany,,,
 oh, and yes I bought a bottle of Gluhwein .... YUM! Gluhwein is a warmed spiced wine. with a wedge of orange in it.
 
.here is a quick glimpse of Stadt Zentrumm, center of town, Heilbronn... getting ready and setting up the Christmas Market.
Soon people will be strolling around the market area, buying sweet hand made ornaments and decorations as well as warm spiced nuts and Gluhwein.
Oh to be there,,,, hopefully next year.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Those are some nice goodies. The wine sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina,, my favorite 'treats' and season...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Marybeth,,, I always enjoy this time of year... along with gaining a few extra pounds... HoHoHo!

      Delete
  3. Ja, in Deutschland ist es während der Adventszeit richtig schön, ich kann verstehen, dass du dich danach sehnst.
    Ein schönes 3. Adventswochenende für dich, liebe Grüße, Jutta

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....