Saturday, August 23, 2008

Buggy Barn Quilt & Antique Show





Today I went to the Buggy Barn Quilt & Antique Show in the town of Reardon, WA. It is an annual event that is put on and quilters far and wide attend with camera in hand & dreams of someday making a quilt to show at this wonderful little farm.

I went with two lovely friends and met up with Firemama (that's us pictured) I also met a new and very sweet MaryJane Farm girl, Tanya.

I wish I could say I have a favorite quilt but truth be known, they are all my favorites. But here are a few that caught my eye. Be sure to click on the photos to get a better/closer look. The Western one was truly a wonderful blend of hand stitchery and machine embroidery. The 'retro' is really cool, and of course the red work kitties....need I say more? lol!

If you are not to far from Reardon, and have never been to the Buggy Barn, it is so worth the trip. The talent and creativity of these talented quilters just amazes me. I can only wish I had 1/10 of their creativity & skill.... I'll be there again next year, drooling over all the new quilts on display. Who knows, maybe someday I too will have a quilt gently blowing in the breeze as it hangs from a line or fence...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you....