Saturday, March 18, 2017

Busy Busy...

Even with 2 meetings and doing taxes this week,, I was still able to get 7 quilt tops (lap quilts 42x42) stitched up,,, (still need to put the backing on...another day's project),,, I also stitched up a bunch more mini aprons and a wine bottle apron and last but not least I crocheted a rag rug...
Tonight,,, I will chillaxe and enjoy a lovely glass of wine....
 wine bottle apron sitting on the rag rug....
These lap quilts are for 'Covers of Love' a group that I belong to, we quilt/crochet quilts and afghans for the VA shut-ins as well as children who are removed from unsafe situations by Child Protective Services... and also small blankets and beanie caps go to the Neo-natal unit at the local Hospital...
I love knowing that a little bit of 'me' is going to someone in need.....
 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I feel like a real slacker now! I still haven't finished my project bag or cut out my quilt squares....and you made a rag rug too?
    I am definitely a slug, I guess. Hopefully today I will get some sewing done. I did cut out a couple things last night and got the zipper foot on my machine...lol! Is your rag rug crocheted out of fabric scraps? I have pinned a bunch of rugs to make and I had a toothbrush rug kit but need to do dome You Tube videos....I think I'm a visual learner...ha! ha! Good for you with your unselfish, charitable contributions! Can I put your coffee sign on my blog? I love that saying and I love my coffee! Right now my favorite is Caribou medium roast! I think it's from your part of the country....isn't that where all the good coffee is? You've inspired me now so hopefully I'll have something to show after today! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....