Sunday, July 16, 2017

Hollyhocks and Surprize Packages...

Saturday I popped into the Post Office to pick up my mail out of my P.O. Box,,, when what to my surprise and delight sis I find... 2 packages,,, Oh MY!
 
The first one was from my dear friend in Oklahoma,
In the package was a sweet flour sack towel from "The Mercantile" in Pawhuska,, which is owned by Ree Drumming, author of "The Pioneer Woman" (cook book)... 
I was so excited... as I so enjoy her cookbook.
 
The 2nd package was filled with goodies from another dear friend who lives in Colorado.
 Oh what goodies! vintage pillow cases, an apron, and fabric...
 is this cute or what!?!,, Kitchen Diva fabric...
 this apr was most likely hand stitched in the 1950 or early '60's...
and only a true crafter would be giddy over fabric scraps,,, perfect for mini quilts and what nots!
 Now I just need a day to myself to play in my sewing room!
Happiness is having such fabulous friends....
Thank you Devine Mz E,,, and CeeJay... you both are the 'katz meow!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you! Those are all such great treasures...I would love them too! Yes, fabric scraps are a real treat. I too have Ree's cookbooks and her recipes are awesome...I haven't made one that I haven't liked! Unfortunately, I do not burn calories like a cowboy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....