Monday, November 19, 2018

Keeping Busy...

I still feel the loss of my sweet Peekie kitty,, but I muddle through...
The weather has turned bitterly cold and I spend more time in my sewing room...
I managed to finished up a few projects.
I crocheted some more dish rags, and 2 dish towel tops.
I also stitched up Holiday Mittens to tuck in little gifts for Christmas.
 rather then make little stocking to stuff,,, I made these mittens which are easier to tuck in little gifts...
I machine embroidered the recipient's name on them. It's hard to see, but some of the mittens are sparklie and I embellished each one with bits of scrap trims.....
( you can click on the picture to see them better.)
 I made this fun MCM pillow case... it is being used by 'Lucy-grace'...(my rag doll) 
 I stitched up this panel, now to hand embellish it with beads and trim before I apply the backing...
hopefully it won't end up in my UFO pile! haha! it measures 38x58,,,
 I pulled out my stash of Christmas fabric,,, oops! I've been collecting....
 I have a lot of 'fat quarters' as well as multiple yardage fabric.
I even discovered fabrics I don't recall buying... lol!

6 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you are a hero in your family! You do beautiful work and these gifts will brighten the holidays for family and friends. 18 degrees is too cold! It's been so hot here, that we embrace the air when it hits 50 degrees as it has on a couple of mornings. I think it will be about 55 tonight and 75 today. Perfect! Come down and visit Ocala.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fingers crossed... I'll by taking new photos of Ocala in 2019!

      Delete
  2. You've got some great fabric to work with. Lots of it too, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina,, one can never have to much fabric! hahaha!

      Delete
  3. You're very busy, I like everything you've sewed, very pretty.
    You should see my Christmas fabrics ;-)
    Kind regards, Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jutta, I am a 'fabric addict' jaja!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....