Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Crafting and Fresh Lilacs.....

With cloudy weather one might as well hang out in ones craft room...
 
I stitched up this to hold my cell phone while charging... I got the idea from (the purple & blue one below) the internet...
  I modified it a bit, and I stitched a casing to insert a piece of doweling at the top, to keep the holder from sagging, I also  added the pocket pleat to keep the phone from leaning to forward....
 
this is the idea I spotted on the internet., notice how the cut out circle sags..... I wasn't to crazy about that... so the doweling I inserted gave it strength...
 I made this sweet little  pouch/envelope... these are quick and easy to make and perfect to store things,, like bobby pins or jewelery.
 Well, my table is starting to look like a mess... heeheehee.....
 I decided to get caught up on some UFO's... un-finished objects of crafting...
quilt toppers, pillow cases etc...
 I finally got around to adding the back, batting and binding to this 20" x 20" pinwheel...
 adding the binding, and then to hand sew the binding down...
 then I got to work on this little runner... a deer friend sent  me this fabric  about 3 years ago and sadly she passed away 2 years ago,, I just couldn't bring myself to do anything with this fabric until now...
 I top stitched around each trailer block, then added the backing and binding... now I have a wonderful memory of my friend...
 Oh and last but not least,,, I decided to 'upholster a light switch plate..
 fabric, decopage' medium and then a quick coating of varnish...
I love decorating switch plates...
 Ah and then to make a few more pillow cases,, one can never have enough of them...
 Both are out of flannel fabric...while I bought the cute trailer fabric with a pillow case in mind,, I was digging through my fabric stash when I discovered I had enough scrap fabric to make the  green one...
and last but not least,,, I went out and cut some fresh Lilacs to scent my kitchen...
 
 

1 comment:

  1. That little jewelry holder you stitched up would make cute travel totes for teabags. I recently crocheted some.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....