Thursday, October 17, 2019

15-Bean Soup and a Insta-Pot...

Earlier  this year I received a 'Insta-Pot' for my birthday, a gift from my sister and mom...
Both my sister and my daughter  absolutely love cooking with theirs,, I have been a wee bit timid to use mine..
But I decided to give it another chance,,, so I made a 15-Bean soup with it in the pressurized mode.
I soaked the beans over night,,, and then this afternoon I put all the ingredients in the pot and crossed my fingers!
Well!!! it turned out Yummilicious and so easy to make.
 
That being said I modified the recipe and omitted some things and add others,,,
I used a combination of beef broth, water and white wine... and I added a (frozen) ham bone, diced up tomatoes and chopped up white mushrooms...
I omitted the celery and garlic and only used 1/2 the Cajun seasoning recommended. 
 
sorry this isn't a good photo.. but trust me, the soup was over the top good... and we have left overs for another night's meal.
I will for sure be making this again!
YumYumYum!

2 comments:

  1. I am hearing so much about that pot. I am probably the only one that hasn't bought one yet lol. The soup sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one too and have not used it yet. What settings did you use and timing? I am a wee bit timid about pressure cookers too! So glad it turned out for you. I have made 15 bean soup before but not in the Insta Pot.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....