Friday, May 8, 2020

Stuff, Stuff and more Stuff...

Well, to keep busy and out of mischief.. I have been playing in my sewing room...
Lots of stuff to do,, just which 'stuff' shall I do first?
 
I decided to putter with quilting patterns and other stuff......
 I sorted out and decided to only keep these quilting books,, the rest are slated for WSQ aka Washington State Quilters group... and others to the local Thrift shop.
 I had this pattern  in my quilt container,, I don't even remember when or where I bought!,,, and in my fabric stash I found these remnants of fabric,,, Here is how it turned out....
 I haven't decided what to make it into yet, so for now it is going into the UFO pile...
 I came across a "Allpeoplesew" pattern, '4-Patch' and decided to use up all my Batik fabric pieces.. 
 I literally had a small handful of trimmings  left after cutting out my squares.
 The pattern called for 41/2" and 8 1/2" squares.. but I had to reduce the size by half,,
2 1/2" and  4 1/2" squares.
Now it is all sewn together,, just needs to be ironed and then it to will go into the UFO pile... It is roughly 20 x 20 inches square.
 Then today I pulled out one of my older Mary Jane's Farm magazines and came across this idea..
A 'jacket' for my French Press coffee maker.
 I had to make my own pattern,, and I scrounged around in my Mary Jane fabric scrap stash...
 I used a light weight batting for  the inner padding,, I didn't have enough 'Thin-sul bright' padding so I used the fiber batting...
I think next time,, I will use wool felt for the lining...
 I used 'Hook-n-Loop" tape for the closure ...
All in all I think it turned out quit cute.. and was fairly easy to sew...
 
Well, tomorrow is another day to get into more stuff and mischief...

4 comments:

  1. What a fun post. I enjoyed seeing the "mischief" that you found today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy, we will meet up for tea,, when things are back to normal...
      <><

      Delete
  2. Hallo Grace,
    wunderbar hast du in deinem Nähzimmer gearbeitet, die Blöckchen und auch die Hülle für die Kaffeemaschine, toll!!!! Ideen muss Frau haben ;-)
    Gerade habe ich dir auf deine Kommentare Antworten geschickt, einmal über deine Adresse bei hotmail und dann über die von yahoo. Es tut mir leid, beide sind gerade zurückgekommen, weil sie nicht zustellbar sind. Es tut mir so leid .... wenn du mir eine e-Mail-Adresse nennst, die funktioniert, dann schicke ich sie dir nochmals zu.
    Vielleicht bis bald, liebe Grüße an dich, hoffentlich hattest du gestern einen schönen Muttertag, Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  3. VielenDanke, Jutta.. Ya, Muttertag war schone..
    Heute gibt mir kein mehr problem mit 'Blogger'.. alles it gut. jaja!
    Bald, ist Juni und mehr nahen,, Garten spielen und laufen im der Sommer sonnenschein.
    Gesundheit u. GruBe (meine computer hast kein umlaut)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....