Thursday, October 23, 2008

Up To More Sewing Mischief...







Up To More Sewing Mischief... OK, so what do you do when you have a pile of fabric on your cutting table & a million unfinished sewing projects??? you start yet another project....lol!Last night I decided to play with a pair of overly well worn jeans and make an apron from the jeans...I peeked around into several forums and came up with some good ideas, but ended up kinda doing my own version..... I am going to use the back side for a child's apron which I will do another time, yep it will go into my unfinished pile... but since my jeans are a size 8 the legs(thigh) were to small to make an apron for me soooo I stitched the 2 thighs together to make a more generous sized apron. I also added 2 front pleats. Then using some scrap fabric I had (barely) enough fabric to make the ties, waistband, ruffle and pocket trim. I like the way it turned out, a bit stiff for an apron, but fun none the less. Next I decided to assemble my cute Butterick pattern apron. I bought the fabric at Ben Franklin's over in Cheney. They have the best little sewing/quilting fabric section.Anyways, as you can see the purple & yellow are a fun combination and the trim on the pocket is from a tattered tablecloth which was given to me by a dear friend. The ruffle lace is trim left over from another project....I love using up my scraps & being creative with them.Ok , hubby is home with the Flu, so I will make sure he is comfortable & then I am going to go hide in my sewing room and do some more sewing.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooo. those are just beautiful, Grace! Hey, how the heck are you? I tried to call you one day last week...no answer. Hope all is well. I am working a lot these days....cannot wait to retire again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace! These aprons are adorable! You clever girl! Hugs, Maryjane

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....