Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dollies Dollies & More Dollies...

Gee, do you think I have enough Dollies?...oh wait, these are the ones I just got on auction....
I have lost count of how many gazillion dollies I now have....but between my vintage linens, hankies & aprons.....I either need a "12-Step Program" or another vintage suitcase to stash my latest finds in.
I washed and shaped this batch and now to figure out where to put them....
I love dollies and to think some mom, grandmom, aunt or even young girl, probably sat in a comfy chair, finally relaxing after a arduous day of house work, taking time to rest her mind and do a little crocheting or tatting.
I admire these gifted ladies who could and still do practice the art of crocheting & tatting.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure I see mine in there! Ha! Any time you got extras, you know where they can go.....me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at them all! Yes...I love to see those handmade things from the past or the present too. I love doing handwork in the evenings but I have never made a doily before...maybe this winter. Didn't they call the sets of them Madagascars?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....