Sunday, October 28, 2018

Remember Butter Dishes?

When I was a child growing up,, I remember mama leaving the butter out on the counter, in a covered butter dish..
Then somewhere as I grew up,, we were brainwashed into keeping our butter in the fridge..
My sister and I were talking about this the other day and wondered why??? if it is covered and not out in heat , ,, why not keep it out... After all, that's how we grew up with it..I remember mama leaving it out not just in cooler seasons, but even in summer... and here we are, still alive. lol!
 
So I went out and bought a new butter dish...
Yeepers! farm kitchen red!
Oh, and FYI... my husband grew up on margarine (yuck) and I was brought up on sweet, unsalted butter... So his margarine stays in the fridge and my butter is happy in it's new home..

Speaking of likes & dis-likes...
my hubby was brought up on Miracle Whip, margarine and sweet pickle relish..(which I detest).
I was brought up on mayonaise, butter and dill pickle relish... so on days when we have chicken/tuna/egg/potato salad... I have to make 2 batches,, his with his stuff and mine with my stuff!
Life in our kitchen is never boring!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I have a butter dish on my counter all the time. We only use regular ol' organic butter here, but growing up it was that spread margarine stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that you are willing to make changes as you see fit and that you're willing to compromise with your husband...that is what marriages work! Although I wouldn't leave butter out and I'd prefer Miracle Whip Lite to regular mayonnaise. Keep up the good work and thanks for your nice comment and have a great Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lowell,, hahaha! it's the old, "Women are from Venus & men are from Mars".. hahaha!
      Fortunately over here in "Snowkan" (Spokane) WA., it's a lot colder then over in Ocala, so butter won't melt as fast :>)

      Delete

I love hearing from you....