Monday, February 8, 2010

A Sweater Re-do....


I use to love turtleneck sweaters but as I have gotten older I find them less comfortable.
I found this sweater and loved the color, even tho it had a turtle neck collar....I bought it anyways....after several washings it became uncomfortable to wear so it got tucked in toward the back of my dresser drawer. The other day I pulled it out,,,thinking I would put it in the donation basket....I looked closely at the collar and saw that it was not knitted on but rather stitched on, so a little 'lite bulb' went off in my head...out came the seam ripper, off came the collar & then I zig-zag stitched around the now collarless edge...then I did what any re-purposer would do, I crocheted a new low-rolled collar. I even did a little stitch work around the pocket.
The best part is the yarn was left over from a long ago project.
So guess what I will be wearing tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Are you clever or what? Good job, looks like it came that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very clever! this would have never occurred to me. (tho i too love this color)

    brava Grace!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....