Friday, October 8, 2010

What Not To Do When...

So for those of you who know me, know that I LOVE spray paint....
: > )
A couple of years ago I had bought a 22-cup coffee percolator at a local Thrift Store to use for events....But it was this ugly brown color so I said, "Spray Paint It!"...my answer to everything!
EasyPeasy project & looked nice...just one little glitch in the giddy-up....
Do Not put the lid in the dishwasher....the combination of hot water & heat caused the paint on the lid to melt....so now I have to remember, anything I spray paint can not go in the dishwasher...
Oh well, I was thinking about re-painting it a different color anyhow!

3 comments:

  1. Oh...boo hoo...I love that color too...
    What color are you going to pick this time? I have LOTS of painting of everything to do...walls, ceilings, furniture, trinkets...it's never ending...hopefully this winter I will get some of it done.
    I'm not very good at spray painting. Where do you do it and do you have any tips? What brand is the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHaHa!
    We live on 5 acres so I can pretty much spray paint anywhere I want....just not near the house...on windy days I use a large cardboard box as a Paint booth...I put the item in the box & spray, that way the overspray stays inside the box.
    I prefer Krylon spray paint...gloss, unless I want a not so shiny look in which case I use a Satin finish.
    Like daddy said,,,"if it moves...salute it...if it don't,,,paint it!"...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been learning the joys of spray painting this summer...good to know about the dishwasher, I use it alot to clean up stuff! Great reminder about the box!
    Hollie=)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....