Friday, November 2, 2012

Roy & Dale

As some of you know,,, I love Roy & Dale,,, for their Faith, Spirit and Western~ism... for keeping the Cowboy and Cowgirl spirit alive.... That Good always wins out over Evil, to play nice, to be kind, to work hard, to respect your parents, pets and horses and to always have a song in your heart.
When most men & women of my age (and a bit older) talk about favorite Cowboy folk lore,,, Roy Rogers & Dale Evans names come up...as do Gene Autry, The Lone Ranger and well  you know all the rest....
Being a girl did limit us on female cowgirl hero's,,,but for the few, Dale, Annie Oakley etc,,, all I can say is thank gosh and greyhound we had them....
So as Roy and Dale would sing,,, "Happy trails to you,,,until we meet again...
 I was playing around on my computer,,, looking for graphics when I came across this one,,,
So I transferred it to iron on copy paper, printed it, ironed it onto white cotton fabric, appliqued it to this fabric, trimmed it and Volia! Now I have a Roy & Dale pillow,,,, sitting in my living room.... I used a rusty colored wool felt fabric for the backside.  I wouldn't be surprised if this found it's way out into one of my trailers come summer...  lol!
Happy Trails to you , until we meet again...

2 comments:

  1. Too cute...love that fabric. You have too much time on your hands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute....Gracie. Oh how they remind me of my childhood. I can still hear them singing that song at the end of the show!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....