Thursday, April 30, 2020

Just a Little Quilting Time..

Well, between yard work and other chores around the property,,, I have been doing some quilting..
Several years ago I received  a stack of  5" square fabric from Monica Solairo ...
Monica designed these fabrics.... 
 It's a Wintery themed Gnome fabric... in fun vibrant colors mixed with softer tones...
I put it together like a Suduko puzzle.
Then I used red fabric to encase each square... it is approx. 36 x 36... (92cm x 92cm) now to decide what color to use for the backing and binding...
 
And these are my latest blocks... 12.5  x  12.5  (30.5cm x 30.5cm) each... all in sweet pastel pinks and purples along with shades of greens...  
 I like the way the rose and the greens compliment the purple and pink..
 I need to find the perfect fabric for the backing as well as for the binding... I am thinking that the Rose color would be perfect for the binding and maybe use a green for the backing,,,
 Not sure yet what to do with these blocks...
If I use 2" strips it will measure out to  30 x30 (76cm x 76cm).. I could make it into a table topper...
Or I could hang it up on the wall in my sewing room... or?...
If you click on the photos, it should 'em-biggen' the photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you....