Sunday, April 5, 2020

Once Again,, I have been Lazy!

Again,, I have let to much time lapse between posts...
I have no excuse except that I am forgetful and lazy!
 
With the on going Pandemic World Wide,, I spend more time reading the News, looking at others Blogs and dreaming of creating a fabulous Victory Garden.
 
But I do manage to spend time in my very messy sewing room...
So,, here is what I have been up to.
 I have been playing with my embroidery machine,, as my little companion keeps watch over me...
 I made this wee little table topper for a very dear friend..
 I came across an old 1953 Sears catalogue,, Look what fabric cost...
 Using the same pattern, I also made some 'mug rugs' for a Farm Girl swap. The little round sachet is filled with Lavender from my garden.
 My wonderful husband found this sewing desk, complete with a working Kenmore sewing machine.. for $7.50.. yep! you read right!.
 but, I prefer my Husqvarna... so the Kenmore is underneath. I actually have 3 machines set up for use,, this one, my Singer 406A and my Singer Feather weight.
 I stitched up yet another apron,, just a simple utilitarian apron...
 I also made a bunch of felt Lady Bugs... I don't know why,, I just did,, they were easy projects to work on while watching T.V.
 I bought some more machine embroidery patterns...and am having fun with them.
 I plan to use this design to make Tags for my sewing/quilting gifts.
 Here is another mug rug... I love Embroidery machine for quick projects...
 This is a Wool Felt project I recently finished up... not sure what I will do with it...
 and YOYOs.. lots more YOYOs... actually I plan to make a Table Topper with them...
 Hubby brought these home for me,,.my soon to be 'Raised Beds' for gardening...
 I am also using these smaller ones for my carrots and the blue one will be for Herbs.
 I made myself a new calming pillow,,, with lavender and rice... so I can heat it in the microwave for aches or cool it in the freezer for use for headaches.
 and bunnies... lots more bunnies!
 I snag out the colors from my treasure trove of YOYOs to create the perfect Bunny!
 Easter will be very different this year,,, with Social Distancing,, we will not be gathering with family and friends... but thank goodness for Face Time, and telephones...
 
 And like so many others,, I have been making face masks for family and friends...  my hubby and I do wear ours when we are out in public when we have to go to the Post Office or market..
Otherwise, we stay home and stay safe.
 
Stay Home, Stay Safe and remember,, this will pass and we will be able to be together again, but until then, God Bless....
 

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing all of your projects! There are so many and they are all wonderful. I especially liked the price for that sewing desk and machine. I still have my Kenmore that Dennis bought me for our first Christmas we were married. I've used it for over 41 years and it still works like a dream. I plan to try to make a couple of masks tomorrow. I don't have any elastic and it's impossible to find but I found an old sleep mask Dennis got from British Airways years ago. I'm going to cut the elastic off of it and hopefully there is enough for at least one mask. My cardiologist and neurologist both sent emails last Monday telling me to wear one if I leave the house. That was even before the CDC recommended it. I'm grateful that they are looking out for us.
    I can't even begin to choose my favorite of your projects. I think each one is wonderful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....