Saturday, July 10, 2010

Babysitting 101.......

I got to have my little LeiLei spend the morning with me....while her lil sister, Phoobit had a doctor's appointment. (because they are foster babies we do not use their real names in public)
Dollygirl is soooo good natured around the girlies....a good thing because the girlies are at the "grab everything" stage...lol!

Watch out Dollygirl, here comes Leilei, oh did I mention, Leilei is now crawling?
When I first found out that there would be little wee ones in our lives,,,,I wanted to pull out all my old baby clothes patterns, the same ones I used to make my daughter's clothes with, some 30 plus years ago.....and sew sew sew.....
I love this little Creeper outfit...it looks like a dress from the front(and buttons & snaps on-sweet & easy) and from the back it looks like a romper.
As for the little yellow Baby quilt...it was a stitching kit...all I needed to do was provide the fabric for the back side, the fiber batting & then sew away.
The reality of it is, it is much cheaper to buy baby clothes then to make baby clothes, unlike the days when I sewed out of necessity....but every now & then I want to make something special for the girlies and stitch in those cute little "Made with Love by Grandma" labels!
Ahhh, Babysitting 101............

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katmom! Nice to hear from you again! I take it you are into quilting. I'm going to try to get into that shop one of these days and get some photos...

    Leilei is a doll. But I can't imagine little ones around again! You're a brave woman!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....