Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tea Party

I had a wonderful Glamping  Gal~pal friend stop over today for afternoon Tea.... much needed  I might add....  as we chatted about camping, crafting and warmer places we've both live (we are both formally from Ventura County),,, we watched the snow ever so gently drift from the sky... but by the time we were finished enjoying crust-less egg salad sandwiches, yummy spice cookies and a couple of Liquor filled chocolate cups...the snow was starting to come down with a vengeance!  Ok, Tea Party over.... Time to head home.  As I write this.. the snow is really coming down and I can barely see the home across the road.... snow plows should be out soon...

I forgot how much I love hosting noon time teas and all the fun of picking out the right tea service, tongs, silver and of course the perfect tea to go with our nibbles. 
Today's tea was "Dragon Eye Oolong"... by (R)evolution... (http://www.revolutiontea.com)
It's a full leaf Oolong tea with notes of peach.... absolutely wonderful.... it truly cleanses the palate... a great tea to have with savory foods and sweets....

I really should have more "Tea Parties"....but first it has to stop snowing so my friends can get here...!
This is my Tea Cabinet at the end of the Hall down stairs...with just some of my tea accouterments... In the storage room I have a box full of tea cups, saucers and vintage 'Lunceonette sets...plus 2 shelves of tea service accessories like sugar and creamers, serving trays etc... 
Come on Winter... hurry up and get over... I need to have more Tea Parties!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I lived closer!! I love tea parties too!! Wish I had snow too!! Maybe tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....