Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Catching Up....

Ok, so,, a quick little catching up...
#1, turns out the mystery Poppy is not an Opium Poppy, Whew!,, but falls in the ornamental category as a PomPom or Carnation Poppy..
 This one has 7 flower heads coming up,,,
I have 2 more of these plants, one next to this one and the other is about 10ft away under the Walnut tree,,,
I hope I can capture some seeds from these,, I would love to plant more next year...
 
#2... I recently participated in both an Apron swap and a Sun Bonnet swap.. these are what I received...
 
 This sweet sewing themed bonnet was made by Linda aka Quiltee...
 I like that there is a 'pony tail port' where my hair can hang out from...
 Isn't this the cutes fabric???
 
Then Denise aka levisgranny, made this reversible apron for me....
 and she even made a cute little tote pouch that the apron was tucked in, along with some  sweet goodies... if you click on the apron photo you well get a better look at the little tote that I flipped inside out,, which is also the same fabric for the back side of the apron...
I took photos of the bonnet and apron that I made and sent to Linda and Denise.. but I will have to wait to post them,, as I am not sure how to download my cell phone photos...
I do enjoy swapping with my friends,, but at the cost of postage these days... I am finding I do less and less swaps... the average swap costs between $7-14.00 for postage,,,,  which is just crazy...
Anyway... I will try to move the photos from my cell to my computer... wish me luck!  haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you....