Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Talented verse Challenged....

OK,,, some people are Talented... me... I am Challenged... when it comes to cell phones and computers...
I ended up sending a few photos from my phone to my secondary email address and then downloaded them into my computer, in the 'Pictures" file thingy...
So here are pictures of the Sun Bonnet I made as well as a cute quilted pin cushion,,, actually I made 6 of the pin cushions and mailed them out to various friends...
 
 I had made one pin cushion last month to give to a special friend for her birthday... and decided to make a bunch more...
 This is the Bonnet I made for Linda in our Sun Bonnet Swap...
 I double lined the bonnet to keep the heat off the head,, and used an extra stiff facing for the brim of the bonnet.
 then I stitched on some sweet seed beads to make it dainty... I hope she likes the bonnet.
 
Here is a photo of the apron that I made and sent.. I had forgotten to take a photo so I 'borrowed' this photo of it off the swap site...
 
I used up-cycled pink and white searsucker fabric for both the bonnet and the Chef style apron...
I happen to love searsucker fabric....old fashioned as it may be...
I machine embroidered her name on the pocket along with a cute kitchen design.. I also made a sweet sleep mask and sent her a small sachet of lavender from my garden...
 
 Gary made me another sign for my Iris Patch out of cast off car plates.... 
 This isn't the best photo,, but this little visitor to my garden just merrily flittered from bud to bud.. She must like Lavender as much as I do...
I was searching through my closet for who knows what,, and pulled out this old sewing machine... It is a Western Electric hand crank machine...  I haven't sewn with it yet,, but I do know a gal, who is an avid quilter, she takes her hand crank with her to her cabin,,  there is no electricity,, so the hand crank works perfect since she doesn't need electricity to sew,.
 
Ok,, all caught up...
Have a great weekend...

1 comment:

  1. You've been busy! I really like the pincushion and the bonnet and apron are very sweet as well. I have never heard of a hand cranked sewing machine. That would be perfect for camping. :-)
    Take care and stay cool. Next week is supposed to be a scorcher.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....