Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Christmas in July...

Ok, so it's not Christmas, nor July.... but...............
 A wondeful friend who I have not seen in over a year popped by with some goodies for me...
It was like Christmas in July...as I went through the treasure trove of vintage fabric, trimings, doilies, patterns etc...even a vintage 'California Tourist Tablecloth' and a sweet tote bag made from a re-purposed Dresser Scarf....so sweet!...oh and Aprons! lots of sweet vintage aprons....
 Then there was the sweet woven picinic basket filled with lace, trims and doilies....
 as well as 2 cute little sewing baskets....filled with......
 embroidery floss and the other was filled with Bias Tape, ric~rac and what nots!
 I am so excited,,,, oh and check out the "Fifth Avenue" Bias Tape.... the yellow & pink bias tape packages were from a J.C.Pennys store and the origional price sticker says .08cents!
 Then there are these sweet 'stitchery iron-on transfers'..... I just love the graphics on the packages...and pre-priced at  .10cents....
 Brands like Superior, Vorgart and Aunt Martha were popular for stitchers from the 1940's up to today...Aunt Martha transfers can still be found but at a whole lot more then .10cents! lol!
 I feel in love with this one,,,and plan to stitch the little 'Scottie Dogs" on some towels...
for my vintage Serro Scotty trailer...... All I can say is,,,,Thank you so... I mean 'sew' very much Judy...
If you can't find me around the campfire,,,then that means I am down in my sewing room, creating! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a treasure trove. I think I would have felt like I died and went to Heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, she is the bestest friend! I love how she must have collected this stuff for ages...just to get you all the cute kitten stuff..what a sweetheart!
    And speaking of sweethearts, that wonderful gal who did a redo of your blog..she is over the top! It is just so you!!! So cute...and I am hoping that she fixed the comment words...I know she did!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you....